- Anchor feet to decline device of choice (usually a decline bench).
- Slowly roll down to the starting position, the back should be slightly rolled (with the lower lumbars against the decline bench).
- Be sure to keep at least a slight bend at the knees.
- Cross arms over chest (left hand to right shoulder, right hand to left shoulder) or hands placed behind ears.
- Inhale, and in a smooth, controlled motion bring the torso up until the torso is at least perpendicular to the ground.
- Slowly lower the torso back down to the decline bench, exhaling throughout the movement.
- Repeat steps 4-5.
Abdominals (Rectus Abdominis)
Hips (Iliopsoas: Psoas Major)
Hips (Iliopsoas: Psoas Minor)
Obliques (External Oblique)
Hips (Tensor Fascia Lata)
Thighs (Quadriceps: Rectus Femoris)
Things To Look Out For
Arms Over Chest, Fingers Behind Ears
Considered An Exercise In The Following Categories