- Position the body to face away from dip machine.
- Step back and up into the foot platforms.
- Grab both handles and lift the feet off the platforms. The body should now be suspended in a straight line.
- Keeping the legs straight, lift them up in front of the body until they are parallel with the ground. Inhale throughout this motion.
- Lower the legs back down to the starting position while exhaling.
- Repeat steps 4-5.
This is a fairly advanced exercise that requires a great amount of focus and concentration. With the body suspensed above the ground, more emphasis is placed on the triceps to support the body's weight and this make breathing more critical. At the peak of the exercise, breathing can be troublesome because the lifting of the legs toward the chest slightly compressing the rib cage.
Vertebra compression is a common problem that can arise at the bottom motion of this exercise. Be sure to control the lowering motion so that your legs don't swing behind you. Doing so will greatly reduce the chance of injury.