Using the exercise ball, one's own weight is used as resistance in an exercise that is great for toning the hamstrings.
- Lie with your back on the floor and your feet on a stability ball (feet and bottom portion of your calves should be on the ball). Your arms should be on the floor out to the side.
- Raise your butt off the floor until your body forms a straight line.
- Keeping your feet on the ball as is, with your butt raised off the floor, bring your knees to your body and hold for 1-2 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for 10-12 reps.
When bringing your knees to the chest, the stopping point should be when the knees are pointing straight up with your calves touching your hamstrings.
Keep your butt raised and contracted throughout the entire move. Do not allow your butt to drop as this can lead to stress on the back.