Butt Blaster (Machine)
- If possible, position the foot plate so the leg's starting position is up toward the chest.
- With a firm grasp on the handles and the chest comfortably positioned, place one foot on the foot plate.
- Tense up the abdominals, and drive the leg back and up, following the track of the machine.
- When the leg is fully extended, hold this position for 1-2 seconds
- Bring the leg back down toward the starting position and repeat as necessary
- Once one side is complete, reposition the opposite foot and repeat steps 3-5
Buttocks (Gluteus Maximus)
Buttocks (Gluteus Medius)
Hamstrings (Biceps Femoris: Long Head)
Hamstrings (Biceps Femoris: Short Head)
Calves (Gastrocnemius: Lateral Head)
Calves (Gastrocnemius: Medial Head)
Hips (Fascia Lata)
Hips (Tensor Fascia Lata)
Thighs (Quadriceps: Rectus Femoris)
Thighs (Quadriceps: Vastus Lateralis)
This exercise motion can be mimicked without the use of a specific machine. While the resistance level is only as high as the weight of the leg, the contraction of the gluteal muscles is still sufficient to tone and firm the region.
Things To Look Out For
The risk of injury is quite minimal while performing the butt blaster exercise. Be sure to keep the back straight and do not arch the lumbar region of the spine as this can cause stress on the vertebrae and lead to discomfort or potential injury.
Considered An Exercise In The Following Categories